Museum Tuch und Technik
Since 1929 Neumünster factory chimneys carries the coat of arms. Because the city was proud of its symbols of power and progress in the town center. But more important for industrialization was initially the location at the Schwale. Because cloth and leather factories took the river water for washing, dyeing and tanning. Also sewage were dumped into it, before 1900 a sewage system was built. Meanwhile, the industry had here taken a big boom, promoted early through the central position at the crossroads of highways and railways.
The Museum Tuch + Technik interweaves the history of the city sent to the once important cloth industry. On old machines for processing wool even it produces new plaid limited edition. Even the mill pond lying near the house is a relic of the cloth industry: on its banks had settled since the 17th century draper, 1811 began the industrial production. The growing number of textile mills, which increased rapidly after frequent fires, certain image in the center. 1918 had the 16 Tuchfabriken about 2,100 employees, In 1991, the last operation.
All statements without guarantee.